- SolarWinds addressed critical RCEs in Access Rights Manager (ARM)
SolarWinds addressed three critical vulnerabilities in its Access Rights Manager (ARM) solution, including two RCE bugs. SolarWinds has fixed several Remote Code Execution (RCE) vulnerabilities in its Access Rights Manager (ARM) solution. Access Rights Manager (ARM) is a software solution designed to assist organizations in managing and monitoring access rights and permissions within their IT
- ESET fixed high-severity local privilege escalation bug in Windows products
Cybersecurity firm ESET has addressed a high-severity elevation of privilege vulnerability in its Windows security solution. ESET addressed a high-severity vulnerability, tracked as CVE-2024-0353 (CVSS score 7.8), in its Windows products. The vulnerability is a local privilege escalation issue that was submitted to the company by the Zero Day Initiative (ZDI). According to the advisory,
- Security Affairs newsletter Round 459 by Pierluigi Paganini – INTERNATIONAL EDITION
A new round of the weekly SecurityAffairs newsletter arrived! Every week the best security articles from Security Affairs are free for you in your email box. Enjoy a new round of the weekly SecurityAffairs newsletter, including the international press. Ukrainian national faces up to 20 years in prison for his role in Zeus, IcedID malware
- Ukrainian national faces up to 20 years in prison for his role in Zeus, IcedID malware schemes
A Ukrainian national pleaded guilty to his role in the Zeus and IcedID operations, which caused tens of millions of dollars in losses. Ukrainian national Vyacheslav Igorevich Penchukov has pleaded guilty to his key roles in the Zeus and IcedID malware operations. “Vyacheslav Igorevich Penchukov was a leader of two prolific malware groups that infected
- CISA: Cisco ASA/FTD bug CVE-2020-3259 exploited in ransomware attacks
CISA warns that the Akira Ransomware gang is exploiting the Cisco ASA/FTD vulnerability CVE-2020-3259 (CVSS score: 7.5) in attacks in the wild. This week the U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) added a Cisco ASA and FTD bug, tracked as CVE-2020-3259 (CVSS score: 7.5), to its Known Exploited Vulnerabilities catalog. The vulnerability CVE-2020-3259 is an information disclosure issue that resides
- CISA adds Microsoft Exchange and Cisco ASA and FTD bugs to its Known Exploited Vulnerabilities catalog
U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) adds Microsoft Exchange and Cisco ASA and FTD bugs to its Known Exploited Vulnerabilities catalog. The U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) added the following two vulnerabilities to its Known Exploited Vulnerabilities (KEV) catalog: The vulnerability CVE-2020-3259 is an information disclosure issue that resides in the web services
- Student Loan Breach Exposes 2.5M Records
2.5 million people were affected, in a breach that could spell more trouble down the line.
- Watering Hole Attacks Push ScanBox Keylogger
- Tentacles of ‘0ktapus’ Threat Group Victimize 130 Firms
Over 130 companies tangled in sprawling phishing campaign that spoofed a multi-factor authentication system.
- Ransomware Attacks are on the Rise
Lockbit is by far this summer’s most prolific ransomware group, trailed by two offshoots of the Conti group.
- Cybercriminals Are Selling Access to Chinese Surveillance Cameras
Tens of thousands of cameras have failed to patch a critical, 11-month-old CVE, leaving thousands of organizations exposed.
- Twitter Whistleblower Complaint: The TL;DR Version
Twitter is blasted for security and privacy lapses by the company’s former head of security who alleges the social media giant’s actions amount to a national security risk.